Vertigo sufferers know how destabilizing it can be to their daily routine. Vertigo can make it difficult to do any task; even just sitting still can be a challenge when you feel like the world is spinning around you. Most people wouldn’t think to seek chiropractic care for vertigo, but trained chiropractors have been successfully treating vertigo for decades! That’s right; you don’t have to let vertigo control your life anymore.
Common Causes of Vertigo in Sandy Springs
Vertigo is a symptom, not a disease in and of itself. Therefore, finding the underlying cause of vertigo is crucial to treating it effectively. Some of the causes of vertigo we commonly see in Sandy Springs are:
- Spinal Misalignment can affect the central nervous system, which allows the brain to communicate with the body. This can cause brain signals to get crossed or blocked and result in a vertigo sensation.
- BPPV, or Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, is caused by the buildup of calcium crystals in your inner ear. This buildup can interfere with your sense of balance and cause vertigo.
- Nerve Interference, especially in the upper neck, can cause a feeling of vertigo. This nerve damage is generally caused by an injury or repetitive strain.
- Poor Posture can cause nerve irritation in the spine over time and, in the most severe of cases, can cause the sensation of vertigo. Prolonged bad posture habits are more likely to cause vertigo.
- Stress can trigger constrictions in the blood vessels of the inner ear, and this is thought by some to be a leading cause of Ménière’s Disease among those genetically inclined.
Once the cause of your vertigo has been established, then it’s time to move on to the treatment phase.
How we can treat your vertigo
Since every case of vertigo is different, we’ll examine your specific symptoms and find the route cause. If it’s treatable through chiropractic methods, we’ll set about the ideal treatments and care you need and get you on the road to recovery.
Dr. Dierdorff has been a certified, accredited Chiropractor for over 13 years and has gained extensive experience in treating a wide range of severe conditions, many of which include vertigo as a symptom. Our patient support is second to none, and the care we provide is safe, effective, and backed by science.
We can treat your vertigo. Let us give you the professional, effective treatment and care you need to say goodbye to vertigo and get back to the life you deserve.
Get in touch today! Give us a call at (470) 397-1527 or click the button below to request your next appointment.